Job Title: Finance Manger
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Category: Part-time
The Finance Manager, in coordination and cooperation with the program and support team members, and supervised by the Executive Director, is responsible for supporting program delivery and the organization’s functioning by leading on financial and accounting, ensuring DAWLATY is compliant with legal reporting obligations in its countries of registration (including taxation and social security where relevant) and with donor regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee accounting functions as assigned, including keeping accurate reports of daily transactions and weekly cash count, and conduct monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness and ensure expense reports are approved before payment.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly coded to respective grants and budget lines are accurate.
- Lead external audit process, including oversee documentation, coordinate with auditors, and support communication with sub-grantees and donors. Ensure organizational audit is conducted on a yearly basis.
- Audit sub-grantee financial reports.
- Control and manage organization liquidity and financial status.
- Control and follow all bank transactions and work on the bank statements.
- Prepare legal and taxation documentation for submission (Lebanon and Belgium) with tax consultants.
- Booking keeping & data entry. Participating in cash count to ensure balance as per cashbook match with physical cash.
- Maintain grant file for each project and ensure all documents including signed contract, budget, amendments and other correspondence with donors is updated.
- Keep track of donor reporting on a monthly basis and inform program managers as to when reports are due to which donor.
- Keep track of budget lines and ensure lines are not overspent during or after grant period.
- Communicate with HQ regarding budget coding and budget revisions coding.
- Follow up with donors for instalments.
- Preparing financials reports to donors as per Dawlaty and donor financial guidelines.
- Prepare monthly budget follow up (BFU) & salary allocations.
- Preparing financial requirement for submission of proposal, including financial history documentations, projects and budgets.
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial report to senior management & relevant authorities, include analysis of financial status.
- Develop, review and ensure the implementation of Dawlaty and donors financial policies and processes, and provide trainings to Dawlaty’s team as needed.
- Be the focal point for auditors to receive communication and provide necessary information.
- Participate in final audit meetings and discussions on audit report and management letters.
- Ensure final audit report is received, and distributed to all concerned managers
- Ensure that closure of the grant after the audit report is submitted.
- Provide regular updates about the audit to ED and Management Team.
Sub-grant management and partner capacity building
- As requested, provide financial training to partners or beneficiaries as part of Dawlaty’s programs.
- Develop and implement sub-granting financial assessment and control procedures.
- Ensure, with support of CEO, finance team members jobs and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Administrative management of finance team on a day-to-day basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in accounting & finance, business administrative, any relative field, preferably CPA or part qualified CPA.
- Five years’ experience in financial and accounts management.
- At least 2 years of experience working with in NGOs accounting and finances.
- Two to three years’ experience in team management.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The Finance manager will be expected to work with minimal upfront guidance and take ownership of his / her work product and will work closely with all major functional leaders of the organization.
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles for NGOs
- Knowledge of the Syrian context and of Syrian civil society strongly preferred
How to apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending the following applications:
• CV must include two employment references, and full contact information
• Cover letter
• Financial Offer
Applicants should include the following heading in their email, Finance Manager, and sending via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29th October 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a period of two weeks after the deadline, apologies for not sending messages to the rest of the applicants.