Fundraising and Communication Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Category: Full-time
Type of Contract and duration: Fixed: One year contract
The Fundraising and Communication Manager leads the fundraising and communications activities for Dawlaty to raise funds and visibility for Dawlaty’s work. Dawlaty aims to expand the network of its donors and diversify the sources of funding. The Fundraising and Communication Manager will also work closely with the programs team, management and partners to raise the visibility of the organization by showing the impact of its programs and advocacy efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the Executive Director to develop the vision and strategy for Dawlaty’s fundraising and communications efforts.
- Identify and manage the development of funding opportunities and funding pipelines.
- Efficiently manage portfolio of major donors, maintain, and ensure quality, accuracy and confidentiality of donor data.
- Maximize outcome from Dawlaty’s existing and future core funds and use the fund to continuously develop Dawlaty’s organizational capabilities for fundraising.
- Communicate strategically with donors to gain additional funding.
- Working with the program teams, ensure that partner inputs are solicited and incorporated into the design phase of new projects and proposals wherever possible.
- Lead Dawlaty’s external and project related communications and execute activities with the involvement of Dawlaty’s programs team.
- Provide strategic direction for the Communications and Fundraising of Dawlaty, including annual strategies, budgets, workplans and board presentations.
- Lead the due diligence process for all donors and potential partners.
- Identify specific risk mitigation measures working with other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure that funding and communications strategic objectives and Key Performance Indicators are developed and followed up on during each planning period.
- Work with Dawlaty graphic designers to develop communication materials for programs and corporate communication for the organization.
- Keep informed of local political, environmental, and business developments that may affect funding and programs.
- Review monthly financial statements and facilitate reconciliation of funds between finance and programs
Representation and Coordination
- Participate in the development and maintenance of working relationships and coordinate with relevant international and local organizations active in the Syria
- Represent Dawlaty at external events and to external partners and stakeholders
Support to Management of Organization
- Participate in overall management of the office and organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Dawlaty is seeking a results-oriented person motivated to raise funds for Dawlaty, someone who is a natural and genuine relationship builder. The ideal candidate has:
- No less than 5 years’ experience working in fundraising and or communications in the non-profit sector.
- Passion for Dawlaty’s vision of
- Experience in development and writing winning technical proposals for institutional funders.
- Proficiency in donor databases and maintenance of records.
- Strong experience stewarding donors and knowledge of portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people, processes and deadlines to achieve fundraising goals.
- Strong interpersonal as well as negotiation skills, quantitative and analytical skills, and written/verbal communication skills which result in relationships with donors and increased giving;
- Strong writing skills of English and Arabic that convey mission, values, and goals in ways compelling to our supporters.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills for developing fundraising and communications strategies.
- A proven track record in successfully securing grants from major institutional donors, and trusts, and skilled in establishing and managing relationships and partnerships with institutional donors and other counterparts.
- Knowledge of IT, new media for communications and fundraising and experience in managing a communication function;
- Experience in media production
- Well-organized, detailed-oriented and capable of handling confidential information with utmost discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, deal with ambiguity and the ability to reset priorities quickly if needed;
- Can-do spirit, self-motivated, disciplined and able to think strategically.
- Ability to work occasional non-standard hours including evening and weekends;
- Experience in working with transitional justice, youth, community organizing and/or advocacy are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Syrian context and of Syrian civil society strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending the following applications:
- CV must include two employment references, and full contact information
- Cover letter
Applicants should include the following subject heading in their email, Fundraising and Communication Manager, and sending via email to email@example.com by Thursday 8th July 2021.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted within a period of two weeks after the deadline, apologize for not sending messages to the rest of the applicants.