Program Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, job description,)
The Program Development Manager contributes to the development of Dawlaty’s programs and proposes new programs in response to field needs while maintaining financial feasibility. They work on activating monitoring and evaluation and conducting capacity-building initiatives for partners and staff. Additionally, the Program Development Manager plays a critical role in enhancing the learning culture within Dawlaty, ensuring the documentation of insights gained during program implementation and utilizing them to enhance future initiatives.
The Program Manager leads fundraising activities, grant management, and reporting for Dawlaty to raise funds and ensure the continuity of Dawlaty’s programs. Dawlaty aims to expand the network of donors and diversify funding sources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Development and Proposal Writing:
– Lead the development of project proposals and convincing concept notes, ensuring alignment with Dawlaty’s strategy, values, and mission.
– Collaborate with stakeholders to integrate innovative ideas and lessons learned from previous projects into the proposal narrative.
2. Strategic Planning and Coordination:
– Contribute to the development of strategic program plans in collaboration with the Program Manager or based on their suggestion or the suggestion of the Executive Director and under the supervision of the Executive Director.
– Ensure that proposals reflect a deep understanding of the needs on the ground and contribute to achieving long-term organizational goals.
3. Budget Development:
– Collaboratively work with the financial team to develop accurate and detailed program budgets in line with project proposals.
– Ensure that budget allocations support the effective implementation of proposed activities.
4. Technical Tools for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
– Develop and implement robust monitoring and evaluation tools to systematically monitor and evaluate program activities.
– Developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation tools to mainstream the gender perspective within the institution and in its programmers, projects, budget and all its activities.
– Emphasize accountability by setting performance indicators and clear standards to measure project success.
5. Learning, Adaptation, and Archiving:
– Play a key role in enhancing the learning culture within Dawlaty, ensuring systematic documentation of lessons learned from monitoring and evaluation activities.
– Use insights derived from monitoring and evaluation to adapt program strategies and improve the effectiveness and impact of future initiatives.
– Organize their work archive, where meeting minutes, all documents and contracts, internal and external reports, and everything that ensures the preservation of the organization’s work, are stored.
6. Accountability Measures:
– Implementing accountability measures within program activities to ensure transparency and adherence to ethical standards.
– Integrating community feedback mechanisms to enhance accountability to project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
7. Capacity Development and Safe Working Environment:
– Providing technical assistance and developing the capacities of employees and partners regarding proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, and accountability procedures.
– Enhancing knowledge and organizational skills to address evolving programmatic challenges.
– Ensuring commitment to promoting women’s rights and gender equality in all areas of work, mainstreaming gender perspective within the organization, and complying with Dawlaty’s relevant policies.
8. Donor Reporting and Feedback Integration:
– Preparing comprehensive and timely reports for donors, highlighting the results of monitoring and evaluation and addressing accountability measures.
– Actively seeking to integrate feedback from donors into the development and implementation of future programs.
9. Continuous Development:
– Promoting a mindset of continuous development within Dawlaty, using monitoring and evaluation data to improve program strategies, and ensuring relevance and impact.
– Contributing to the development of organizational policies based on learned lessons and emerging best practices.
– Working closely to develop the vision and strategy for Dawlaty’s fundraising and reporting efforts.
– Identifying and managing the development of funding opportunities and funding lines; including leading the development of proposals/concept notes, budgets, and log frames; and project writing.
– Efficiently managing the portfolio of key donors, maintaining the quality, accuracy, and confidentiality of donor data and ensuring its security.
– Maximizing the outcomes of current and future core funds for Dawlaty and using the fund for the continuous development of Dawlaty’s organizational fundraising capabilities.
– Strategically communicating with donors to obtain additional funding.
– Providing strategic guidance for Dawlaty’s fundraising, including annual strategies, budgets, action plans, and presentations to the board of directors.
– Ensuring the development and follow-up of strategic goals for funding and reporting and key performance indicators during each planning period.
– Being aware of political, environmental, and local business developments that may affect funding and programs.
– Reviewing monthly financial statements and facilitating the reconciliation between funds and programs.
– Writing program reports for management and donors, identifying and evaluating risks associated with program activities, and taking appropriate action.
– Participating in the development and maintenance of working relationships and coordination with relevant international and local organizations.
– Representing Dawlaty at external events and before external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
Person Specifications (Requirements):
· A master’s degree in business administration or a related field.
· More than 3 years of experience in a senior leadership role in the nonprofit sector, specifically in grant management, monitoring, and evaluation.
· Experience in fundraising and grant management, showcasing the ability to secure funding from various sources.
· Knowledge of the Syrian context and Syrian civil society is strongly preferred.
· Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate and address challenges proactively.
· Excellent leadership and team management abilities, demonstrating a commitment to fostering a positive and inclusive work culture.
· An advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., human rights, international development, social sciences) is preferred.
· Public speaking skills and excellent writing skills in both English and Arabic.
Dawlaty is seeking an individual with a robust skill set to manage a demanding and variable workload effectively. The ideal candidate will possess a proactive and self-driven attitude, coupled with exceptional interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
• Friendly and affable
• High integrity and demonstrated ability to follow standards and policies.
• Meticulous with attention to detail
• Commitment to ensuring the protection of DAWLATY’s beneficiaries.
• Strong sense of security management and willingness to follow security guidelines and regulations.
• Willingness to learn.
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and value
• Take initiative in identifying and addressing challenges independently.
• Remain flexible in the face of changing priorities and circumstances.
• Embrace new ideas and approaches to enhance overall team performance.
• Continuously seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
By embodying these qualities, the successful candidate will contribute to the positive work culture at Dawlaty and play a pivotal role in navigating the challenges associated with a dynamic workload.
– We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Interested candidates can submit their applications through this link:
Application Closing Date: 31January 2024.
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Kindly note that the position will be filled before the vacancy announcement is closed; therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dawlaty only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the application form.