Dawlaty IT – Officer
Position Title: IT Officer
Type of Contract and duration: Part-Time (60%) for one year
Primary Location: Remotely
Reports Directly to: Administration Manager
Admin Department Summary:
The IT and Data Management Officer will support the organization, as well as support its projects as relevant. The officer will support the operational and program functions of the organization, including managing the organization’s online and offline IT needs and digital security requirements.
IT officer responsible for the following tasks
1- IT Support
• Being the first point of contact for any IT queries
• Manage the email functions of the Dawlaty teams, setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with access issues;
• Provide support to local and remote colleagues on desktop and application issues
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Assess the technical need for and support the procurement of IT equipment, including development of specifications and selection of offers.
• Ensure that all the IT equipment are functioning properly
•Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications as necessary;
• Troubleshooting desktop, server, and network problems
• Onboard and train colleagues in our tools and how to use them
• Help us define and decide on any guidelines related to our tooling, and keeping them updated as needs evolve
• Support the purchasing of new tools, their design, requirements, and implementation, and help administer the contracts for existing ones
• Review of services, application delivery, patching and Anti-Virus
• Administer backups and restores • Maintain Dawlaty website’s security.
• Report and document all tasks carried out
2- Digital Security
• Raise awareness of and train Dawlaty team and its project partners on digital security.
• Take steps to improve digital security of Dawlaty.
• Maintain Dawlaty’s files, set up a file encryption policy, and ensure compliance
• Provide support with developing internal procedures and protocols relating to safe communications.
3- Requirements & Skills
• Proven IT skills
• Admin-level understanding of Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android (both to help with setup, compliance and troubleshoot with users).
• In-depth knowledge of Google Workspace/ G Suite administration including security tools.
• Degree in IT (Preferable).
• Experience in WordPress (Preferable).
• Experience in server management and log monitoring (Preferable).
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending the following applications:
- CV must include two employment references, and full contact information
- Cover letter
- Applicants should include the following subject heading in their email IT Officer, and sending via
email to email@example.com by Monday 28th Dec 2020
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted within a period of two weeks after the deadline, apologize for
not sending messages to the rest of the applicants.
*Note: Due to Dawlaty’s low profile activities, shortlisted candidates are required to provide us with personal security reference. *