We are looking for a MEAL Consultant to join our team
Job Opening with Dawlaty
We are looking for a MEAL Consultant to join our team – apply now!
|Position Title||Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Consultant|
|Position Category||☐ Full-Time ☒ Part-time||☐ Regular ☒ Temporary|
We are looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant to join our Program Development Team part time for a six months period.
Dawlaty is a nonprofit foundation that believes in nonviolence and peaceful resistance, and works towards achieving a democratic and peaceful transition in a state that upholds human rights, equality, tolerance and diversity. Dawlaty works to support civil society to become active participants in transitioning Syria to a just democratic state. Dawlaty works to build the knowledge of civic values and life skills of young people to engage in their communities and nation. In addition, it works to build an archive of stories and artworks in order to immortalize the memory of the Syrian uprising and highlight the experiences and voices of marginalized groups within the Syrian conflict. The organization works on the ground and online to document, advocate and build capacity for civil society groups and young people. Dawlaty works in partnership with Syrian organizations and solidarity groups to amplify Syrian voices.
The MEAL Consultant is responsible for developing effective tools and procedures that shall support Dawlaty ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of its programs. These tools shall, on one hand, ensure timely follow-up with the team to make sure that the programs are delivered effectively, and with highest possible quality according to the specific goals and contexts. On the other hand, the consultant shall also build standardized tools/procedures for Dawlaty to be able to gather, analyze, interpret and report data indicating programmatic impact, community engagement and lessons learnt.
The aim is to support the Dawlaty team to enhance its reporting mechanisms, and more importantly, it shall support high-quality program development by ensuring that all aspects of Dawlaty’s work inherently pursue transparency, accountability, and greatest possible qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
The consultant shall support Dawlaty with appropriately ‘defining’ and ensuring community accountability and feasible community accountability mechanisms, i.e., for how Dawlaty best can ensure that it is accountable toward its communities in which it operates, and how it best contributes to enhancing culture of dignity and human rights across its communities.
Systems Development and Implementation
● Review or/and develop standardized monitoring and evaluation framework/matrix that support ensuring that performance is measured at project, program, and organizational levels in a timely, robust, and credible manner and that learning from the evaluation is shared and disseminated appropriately.
● To use creativity to develop proxy indicators to measure impact and report achievements on the projects’ outcomes level which have a unique nature where using the ordinary indicators is not that useful.
● To use a wide range of evaluation tools and processes to support strategic planning, performance reporting, and implementation improvement.
● The Consultant, with the support of the Program Development Manager (PDM), will train staff members on identified protocols and procedures as well as facilitate the rollout process of such protocols to be adopted by the relevant staff members.
● Support Development of a M&E database; that can analyze and aggregate findings.
● Develop report template on M&E data collection and standardized presentations based on M&E data collected, partly to support programs and projects’ progress reporting to include MEAL results; (incl. project mid-term review and final evaluation.)
● Support to develop relevant indicators to ensure that Dawlaty’s gender policy is reflected in its programs and report on findings.
● Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques. As well as Community Accountability (and engagement) and efficient Mechanisms to ensure it.
● Able to communicate effectively with internal and external audiences both verbally and in writing to communicate complex information clearly and precisely in both English and Arabic.
● Good analytical skills.
● Able to work autonomously; recognizes and takes accountability for managing own performance and deadlines; seeking clarity when needed.
● Demonstrated good communication, training skills, and ability to explain ideas in a clear and simple manner with partners in terms of following Dawlaty’s Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
● Ability to build on relevant knowledge within and outside of Dawlaty as well as actively share her/his experience and expertise with Dawlaty team and partners.
● Familiarity with the Syrian conflict and Syrian civil society organizations.
● Good knowledge and experience regarding civic engagement, transitional justice and gender mainstreaming are highly preferred.
Level of authority & decision-making:
Programmes Development Manager
● Dawlaty is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, persons with disabilities, women, and individuals of Syrian nationality are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
● Dawlaty does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. Dawlaty is also committed to maintaining a safe and secure working environment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference and background checks. All selected candidates are requested to collaborate in providing requested information if needed.
The initial contract duration will be 6 months starting mid-September 2022 with opportunity for extension, based on performance and funding availability.
Initial working duration:
Part-time throughout 6 Months
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending:
● CV & a Brief Cover Letter
● Financial Proposal
Note: Due to Dawlaty’s low profile activities, shortlisted candidates are required to provide us a personal security reference.
The application shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th September 2022, and applicants should include the “MEAL Consultant” in the Subject. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted within a period of one week after the deadline.
7th September 2022